Roval Alpinist CLX Carbon Wheelset
ROVAL ALPINIST CLX CARBON WHEELSET INFORMATION
A pure climber's dream, the new Alpinist CLX is the lightest road clincher wheelset they have ever made. When climbing, mass is the enemy of performance, so they pared the Alpinist CLX down to the absolute minimum to capitalize on every precious watt of energy without sacrificing any of the strength, ride quality and durability that are crucial to long term performance and satisfaction.
In order to create a 562-gram wheel, Roval developed each wheel as a complete system. By making wheel systems, not just rims, the engineers can control every aspect of the design; rim, hub, spoke spec and lacing pattern. This eliminates variables associated with off-the-shelf components, which in turn allows us to optimize weight and strength. Bottom line - the Alpinist CLX has precisely the amount and type of material needed, in precisely the correct place, and not a gram of fat anywhere.
For the Alpinist CLX rim, they utilized a complex and precise carbon fiber layup schedule in order to minimize weight, optimize strength and durability, and serve up a smooth riding, superb handling wheel.
Lighter, Stronger, Faster
The AeroFlange hubs form the basis of strong, light, fast wheels. Aerodynamically optimized, with wide bracing angles for increased strength and reduced spoke weight, they also benefit from the reduced weight, increased strength and reliability of DT Swiss’ new EXP freehub internals.
• Assembly method: Handbuilt.
• Roval padded wheelbag included.
• No-Fault crash replacement policy.
• Lifetime warranty.
• Weight: 562 g (front wheel), 686 g (rear wheel).
• Rim type: Carbon, clincher (tube-type).
• Rim width: 21 mm internal.
• Rim depth: 33 mm.
• Front hub: Roval AeroFlange Disc, Center Lock, Sealed Cartridge bearings.
• Rear hub: Roval AeroFlange Disc, Centerlock, Sealed Cartridge bearings, DT Swiss EXP internals, HG Freehub, 142x12mm thru-axle compatible.
• Spoke pattern: Radial/Two-cross (2:1) (front), One-cross/Two-cross (2:1) (rear).
• Spoke count: 21(front), 24 (rear).
• Spoke type: DT Swiss Aerolite T-head.
• Nipple type: DT Swiss Pro Lock hexagonal.