Roval Rapide Clx Wheel
ROVAL RAPIDE CLX WHEELSET
Real Speed For The Real World: With the Rapide CLX, Roval set out to build the fastest all-around wheelset that money can buy. Essentially combining the aerodynamic excellence of the time trial dominating CLX64 with the light weight and superb manners of the polka-dot jersey winning CLX32, the new Rapide CLX delivers maximum speed in real world conditions. Stellar climbing performance meets slippery aero efficiency, with confident handling regardless of wind conditions. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?
Two wheels, one goal
In order to build the fastest wheel possible for the dynamics encountered in real-world conditions, Roval developed distinctly different shapes for the Rapide CLX front and rear rims. The end result is a wheel with less drag than most 65mm wheelsets, 25% more stability in gusts than the CLX50, and lighter weight than most climbing wheels. Mission accomplished.
Stability equals speed
Deep-section front rims introduce steering torque, which adversely impacts handling, in-turn causing a rider to slow down. By utilizing advanced modelling and real-world testing, Roval developed a front rim that both reduces drag and increases stability by 25% in sudden wind gust as compared to the well-mannered CLX50.
Kissing drag goodbye
The rear wheel is the last thing the wind sees, so Roval developed the rim shape to minimize drag at the trailing edge of the bike. At 60mm deep, and with a 30mm external width, the Rapide CLX rear rim reduces turbulence and yields the greatest aerodynamic benefit. Since the rear wheel doesn’t affect steering the way the front does, this deep section doesn’t adversely impact handling.
Lighter, Stronger, Faster
The AeroFlange hubs form the basis of strong, light, fast wheels. Aerodynamically optimized, with wide bracing angles for increased strength and reduced spoke weight, they also benefit from the reduced weight, increased strength and reliability of DT Swiss’ new EXP freehub internals.
• Assembly method: Handbuilt.
• Roval padded wheelbag.
• No- Fault crash replacement policy.
• Lifetime warranty.
• Manufacturer weight: 1400 g (Wheelset).
• Rim type: Carbon, clincher (tube-type).
• Rim width: 21mm internal, 35mm external F/21mm internal, 30.7mm external R.
• Rim depth: 51mm F/60mm R.
• Front hub: Roval AeroFlange Disc, Center Lock, Sealed Cartridge bearings.
• Rear hub: Roval AeroFlange Disc, Centerlock, Sealed Cartridge bearings, DT Swiss EXP internals, HG Freehub, 142x12mm thru-axle compatible.
• Spoke pattern: Radial/Two-cross (2:1) F/One-cross/Two-cross (2:1) R.
• Spoke count: 18F/24R.
• Spoke type: DT Swiss Aerolite T-head.
• Nipple type: DT Swiss Pro Lock hexagonal.